Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event, hosted by  Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I went a little different.  Usually, I would pick a book that is up coming, but this week, I'm really looking forward to the paperback version of this book!

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Publication Date: February 21st, 2012
Publisher: Vintage

Summary via Amazon:
SPOILERS FROM THE FIRST TWO NOVELS!!
'Lisbeth Salander - the heart of Larsson's two previous novels - lies in critical condition, a bullet wound to her head, in the intensive care unit of a Swedish city hospital.  She's fighting for her life in more ways than one: if and when she recovers, she'll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for three murders.  With the help of her friend, journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will not only have to prove her innocence, but also identify and denounce those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence.  And, on her own, she will plot revenge - against the man who tried to kill her, and the corrupt government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life.


Once upon a time, she was a victim.  Now Salander is fighting back.'


Why I'm Excited: I'm a huge fan of the books, and the movies, and I'm more into paperbacks, so I've already got mine pre-ordered, and I'm eagerly anticipating re-reading it!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Super Cute! I am a new follower and I love your rendition of Waiting on Wednesday this week!

    Here is my WoW post this week with a GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete