Thursday, February 9, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Week 3



Booking Through Thursday is a weekly book blogging meme, that asks a question a week, mostly related to books and/or reading.  This weeks question is:

'If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?'

These types of questions leave me ripping my hair out, because I always come up with a list, and after posting it I think of another book that should go on there instead.  It's a never ending battle to be honest.  So after much thought, my five books would be:

1. Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
There is something magical about reading this the first time, and there is something even more magical about reading it again and again.

2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
This was the first "adult" book that I had ever read.  I was in 4th grade, and after seeing the movie with my dad at the local cinema that plays old movies, I wanted to read the book.  This book is so special to me on many reasons, not only because of the plot behind the book, and it's strong morals about being nice to people, and treating those the way you want to be treated, it was also my first jump into actual literature.  This was the book that lead me on the path of the written word.

3. My Boring-Ass Life by Kevin Smith
Because everyone needs a little humour in their lives, no matter how you feel.  Kevin Smith has a way of turning even the most dullest subject into hilarity, and full of heart.

4. On Writing by Stephen King
It's hard to actually sit down and pick a Stephen King book to put on this list.  Even at his worst, his stories still pull you in, and never let you go.  He's one of those writers that will tell you a story, and you won't ever forget it, even if you don't read the book again.  His memoir, is very telling, and it goes into detail about some of his most interesting stories.  Plus he gives you a few pointers along the way!

5. The Complete Collection of Tales & Poems by Edgar Allen Poe
Yeah, I know technically it's more then one tale, but I have a big giant binded book of all his stories/poems so it counts in my eyes.  The perfect evening for me, would be to curl up with a cup of Earl Grey, and read a tale from Mr. Poe himself.  I don't think I could live without his stories to be honest.

So that's my answers!  What are your five books?

- Brittany :]

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Harry Potter! :) :)
    And you just reminded me of the fact that I still need to pick up To Kill a Mockingbird. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete