Monday, February 20, 2012

Musing Mondays: Week 4

Musing Mondays is a weekly feature from Should Be Reading.  Each week, a question is asked, and we have the opportunity to answer it!  This weeks question is:

'What is the last book that you learned something from?  What book was it, and what did it teach you?'


Hmm, this is a hard question because the books I've been reading lately have been mostly fun books, that you really shouldn't learn from.  So I really have to think way back.

It would probably have to be 'Renegade: The Making of a President' by Richard Wolffe.  I read it last year during the summer, and I was completely enthralled.  I believe I read it in less than four days.  It was such an eye opening experience, to see how Barack Obama because President of the United States.  It was very in depth, especially with his home life, and his relationship with Michelle.

 The detail the book went into was very interesting, how he really didn't know if he could run for the Presidency, and how Michelle really didn't want him to run, because she feared that it would take a toll on their family/relationship.  There are also some really nice interviews and backstage details of his first year in the White House.

I think reading that, it made me learn more about Barack Obama himself, and not just President Barack Obama.  Such a nice book.

What about you?  Any books you've read in the past that you've learned from?

- Brittany :]

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read!

    Here's my MM: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/musing-mondays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I read for pleasure most of the time. Although, sometimes I pick up information from historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fascinating :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/musing-mondays_20.html

    ReplyDelete