Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: A Parliament of Spies: A Mystery by Cassandra Clark

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event, hosting by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I picked:
A Parliament of Spies: A Mystery by Cassandra Clark
Publication Date: January 31st, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Summary via Amazon:
'All the danger and intrigue of 14th-century England spring to life in this "compelling" (Publishers Weekly) series about the brace, incorruptible Abbess of Meaux.  


Abbess Hildegard may consider herself "just a nun with no useful skills or connections," yet her loyalty and intelligence have brought her to the attention of King Richard II himself - not the safest place to be, when the king has enemies on all sides.  As Hildegard wrestles with her role as a spy in the parliament that is hastily gathering at Westminster, Cassandra Clark shows us the human side of history, giving readers new reason to follow Publishers Weekly's rallying cry: "Medievalists rejoice!"'


Why I'm excited: There is just something about historical mystery novels that I love.  I'm a huge fan of Lauren Willig and her Scarlet Pimpernel series, and when I was search Amazon for new reads, I came upon this novel.  I was intrigued as soon as I read the words, '14th-century', 'England', and 'spy'.  I will not have to blink twice before I get this book.  I just hope it's as good as I think it will be!

1 comment:

  1. OOh This sounds interesting! It's the first time I see it too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete